Injectionpump 300turbo or non turbo300 for 7mm

Mercedes-Benz conversations only
anton
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Injectionpump 300turbo or non turbo300 for 7mm

Viesti Kirjoittaja anton »

I have plans to send my pump over to mynä or ppdiesel for the 7mm modifications. But I have some questions first. Is it able to mount the 7mm elements in a non turbo pump or do I need a original turbo pump? I have an original turbopump, but it is equipped with "air mass meter" (dont know the word for it). It measures the air mass who is passing throug an box wit an flap inside.

Will this airmass meter cause problems for me? Thinking about the 7mm modifications... And what will happen if I dont use this air mass meter?
Or should I search for an turbo pump who is not equipped with the air mass meter?. Feels like the expencive way...
veskola
Valvoja
Valvoja
Viesti:

Re: Injectionpump 300turbo or non turbo300 for 7mm

Viesti Kirjoittaja veskola »

I think the aif mass meter (MAF) is a separate part near of the aif filter, not included anyhow to the pump.

The engine with MAF propably have EGR system and there inside pump is a kind of electric sensor. Anyhow that is not a problem to install 7 mm elements. Here is a picture of the place where sensor is located (in picture of the pump the sensor is missing).

If your engine have turbochrger the pump of turboengine is prefered becase it have ability to increase injection according boos pressure. That means less smoke before boost pressure have rised.

Engines without turbocharger works well with 7 mm elements too.

...and finally if your engine is with EGR system you should eliminate it somehow to get best results. I think it is not tricky issue on the engines with "old school" pumps (in finnish "rivipumppu", is it line pump in english :roll:) .
Lisää tietoa: www.skg.fi
anton
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Exactly! It is the MAF i`m thinking about. Good with pictures. Ok, then I´ll use my pump then. The EGR system will not be used, do I need the MAF then? Less components under the hood is nice...Other turbo and mainfold will be installed.
veskola
Valvoja
Valvoja
Viesti:

Try to remove the wires of the MAF, if the engine still starts, waste that MAF. It may cause some fault code in the ECU but propably won't cause any extra harms.

...BUT if the turbocharger is controlled by ECU that should also be eliminated. Easy task, just add a charger with "boost self controllin system".
anton
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

yes, i´ll control the boost my self. New mainfold, turbo and an adjustable wastegate. The engine is going to be built in a w201for some streetrace. And eventually some summercruisn` 8) .

Where should I send the pump? Mynä or PP?. When do the industrial vacation starts in finland? In sweden it starts juli. So I don´t get too lazy to get the pump away bofore they close for vacation.....
anton
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

by the way, does the pump have an ecu? Isn't just the revcontroll,MAF and the boost contorll who is connected to this type of pump? Then the rest is just mecanical
veskola
Valvoja
Valvoja
Viesti:

In some engines there is overpressure protection controlled by ecu, but that is one issue to be eliminate too. There is magnetic switch on the tube between intake manifold and pump...just straight tube there and ewerything is ok.

Mynä-Diesel are quite busy, that means you should make contract when they are able to take the pump to be modified. About PP i don't know how busy they are. Official vacation month is July in Finland. Maybe better to ask details directly by them.

I think Mynä-Diesel makes the best pumps.
anton
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

ok then. Maybe I should contact mynä this week about the pump and price. So I have it before july. It would be a tragedy to just wait a month !!
HoleshotHolset
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Viesti Kirjoittaja HoleshotHolset »

veskola kirjoitti:Official vacation month is July in Finland.
Off topic: I need to move to Finland. We work too much here in the US... :roll:

I have found a few injection pumps, would this type of pump work on a newer OM606 engine? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0094505794

Has anyone ever swapped the governor housing on an OM606 electronically controlled pump for a mechanical governor?

Thanks,

Matt
Suomi!
'94 Dodge Ram 2500 - 12-valve Cummins - ~400hp at the rear wheels
'98 VW Beetle TDI - modified a bit
'00 VW Jetta TDI - wife's car (not modified much)
'96 Jeep ZJ - 3.9L common-rail Cummins / Allison LCT-1000 project vehicle
Walk-behind Ariens snowblower with 296cc 5.5hp direct injection diesel (has exhaust stack)
Petri K
Turbospesialisti
Turbospesialisti

Viesti Kirjoittaja Petri K »

HoleshotHolset kirjoitti:
veskola kirjoitti:Official vacation month is July in Finland.
I have found a few injection pumps, would this type of pump work on a newer OM606 engine? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0094505794

Hi there! it looks to me that it will fit to 606
"Jokainen tekee virheitä mutta minä tiedän niistä eniten"
HoleshotHolset
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Petri K kirjoitti:Hi there! it looks to me that it will fit to 606
Thanks for your input! I'll keep my eyes open to find another one of these pumps once I get a suitable OM606.

On the US SuperTurbo forum, I'm investigating which internal engine parts (pistons, cylinder head valves, etc.) are different between the non-turbo OM606 and the turbo OM606. If the non-turbo OM606 can be used in a SuperTurbo buildup, I'll use one of those engines since they are much more plentiful here in the US.

Thanks,

Matt
Walk-behind Ariens snowblower with 296cc 5.5hp direct injection diesel (has exhaust stack)
Forced_Induction
Vakiokalustoa
Vakiokalustoa
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Forced_Induction »

HoleshotHolset kirjoitti:If the non-turbo OM606 can be used in a SuperTurbo buildup, I'll use one of those engines since they are much more plentiful here in the US.
Yes, I'm very interested in the answer to this as well. It would greatly simplify things over here.
1982 300D
Maxed MW-Pump, Holset HE221W, straight pipe exhaust, A/W intercooler, W/M injection
W115 300D intake manifold, 2-Micron Baldwin BF7591-D fuel filter, W126 Gen-II front brakes
Webasto TSL-17 auxiliary hear, Battery relocated to the trunk, Factory skidplate, 15mm rear sway-bar
147HP, 220lb-ft at the rear wheels

2006 Honda Rebel Turbo Diesel
Kubota OC95, VZ21 turbocharger, Intercooler, Comet 40C/44D CVT
HoleshotHolset
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

RatMan kirjoitti:Yes, I'm very interested in the answer to this as well. It would greatly simplify things over here.
I plan on researching this and coming up with a definitive answer. I'll surely post my findings here and in the US SuperTurbo forum.

Thanks,

Matt
Vastaa Viestiin