ALDA, part #s, travel? and other ?

Mercedes-Benz conversations only
winmutt-
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

ALDA, part #s, travel? and other ?

Viesti Kirjoittaja winmutt- »

If I understand the ALDA correctly, it should hold a vacuum correct?

Has anyone measured the travel of the ALDA plunger and what readings did they get at what boost?

I understand its just a "environmental" device but I am not to keen on removing it. It seems that if it was performing optimally there is no reason to remove it.

Kuva
I am almost certain that the fuel curve is not matching my air curve and I am wondering if the spring (11) under the aneroid capsule has weakened. I don't believe that fuel enrichment is occuring as soon as max psi is attained. If max boost was occuring at 2500 rpm I am not really feeling it until 3200. (example).

I drove a euro 300TD that really had some kick to it. Did they have ALDAs? I dont seem to remember it smoking particularly bad?

Kuva

According to this the overboost switch vents at speeds greater than 2000rpm and <0.3bar the over boost switch vents for a cleaner environnent. Guess I should reinstall that bit. However since I switched over to maual transmission it appears to be stuck open. Where is the electrical signal generated from?
e320
Mersumies
Mersumies

Viesti Kirjoittaja e320 »

winmutt-
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

e320 kirjoitti:This link might be useful:

http://schumanautomotive.com/forums/sho ... 930&t=1855

Oh ForcedInduction looks like he has described what I am exeperiencing, Only half travel. I am fairly certain that combined with exhaust manifold leaks is causing my problems.
Forced_Induction
Vakiokalustoa
Vakiokalustoa
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Forced_Induction »

I was only getting 1/2 travel because the screw broke out during an adjustment. It wasn't until a year or so later that I learned how seriously that damaged it.
1982 300D
Maxed MW-Pump, Holset HE221W, straight pipe exhaust, A/W intercooler, W/M injection
W115 300D intake manifold, 2-Micron Baldwin BF7591-D fuel filter, W126 Gen-II front brakes
Webasto TSL-17 auxiliary hear, Battery relocated to the trunk, Factory skidplate, 15mm rear sway-bar
147HP, 220lb-ft at the rear wheels

2006 Honda Rebel Turbo Diesel
Kubota OC95, VZ21 turbocharger, Intercooler, Comet 40C/44D CVT
winmutt-
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

RatMan kirjoitti:I was only getting 1/2 travel because the screw broke out during an adjustment. It wasn't until a year or so later that I learned how seriously that damaged it.
My T3 flange only had 3 bolts on it. I added the 4th and am now getting a good amount of spooling at 2500 where before I had to wait until upper 3s.
How the heck do you get a torque wrench in there? I dont even know what the torque specs are but just gave it a few good turns. Tomorrow during the day I will see how the black smoke vs boost vs rpm is doing. After 7psi I am still not seeing any smoke. Where is this mythical linkage stop that you have adjusted?
Virginia-dude
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Viesti Kirjoittaja Virginia-dude »

winmutt- kirjoitti:
RatMan kirjoitti:I was only getting 1/2 travel because the screw broke out during an adjustment. It wasn't until a year or so later that I learned how seriously that damaged it.
My T3 flange only had 3 bolts on it. I added the 4th and am now getting a good amount of spooling at 2500 where before I had to wait until upper 3s.
How the heck do you get a torque wrench in there? I dont even know what the torque specs are but just gave it a few good turns. Tomorrow during the day I will see how the black smoke vs boost vs rpm is doing. After 7psi I am still not seeing any smoke. Where is this mythical linkage stop that you have adjusted?
I tightened by feel when I had mine off to do the block heater last year. Definitely not fun and I did use a lot of bad language before I was done. Luckily no kids were around. I did seriously scrape up my hands and forearms.
1979 300SD W116 Turbodiesel

1983 300D W123 Turbodiesel

Come visit my site - www.shumanautomotive.com/forums Home of Superturbo - USA forums.
Forced_Induction
Vakiokalustoa
Vakiokalustoa
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Forced_Induction »

winmutt- kirjoitti:How the heck do you get a torque wrench in there? I dont even know what the torque specs are but just gave it a few good turns.
Just use German Torque on them. Guten Tight.
1982 300D
Maxed MW-Pump, Holset HE221W, straight pipe exhaust, A/W intercooler, W/M injection
W115 300D intake manifold, 2-Micron Baldwin BF7591-D fuel filter, W126 Gen-II front brakes
Webasto TSL-17 auxiliary hear, Battery relocated to the trunk, Factory skidplate, 15mm rear sway-bar
147HP, 220lb-ft at the rear wheels

2006 Honda Rebel Turbo Diesel
Kubota OC95, VZ21 turbocharger, Intercooler, Comet 40C/44D CVT
Vastaa Viestiin