G-Class with 201,000K miles

Mercedes-Benz conversations only
PristoMiky
Uusi tuttavuus
Uusi tuttavuus

G-Class with 201,000K miles

Viesti Kirjoittaja PristoMiky »

Hi everyone! I hope you’re all doing well! I have kind of a ridiculous question, but it’s rooted in genuinely wanting to make the right decision.

About 2 months ago I was hit by a drunk driver who blew a red light and t-boned me at 60mph. I was in the hospital for some time and have only found comfort driving very large vehicles. I’ve really grown to appreciate the giant size of the Mercedes G-Class. I feel so much better whenever I’ve driven one since the accident. I found a 2005 Mercedes with 200,000 miles and exceptional service records. Is this worth the purchase for 25k? I’m willing to spend 20-30K in order to get one of these! How long do they run for? I feel like changing the timing chain immediately would be something important to do. How many miles should I be looking for on a car like this?

Also, I drive from Denver to Chicago to Nantucket a few times a year. Will this car ever leave me stranded on the highway? Thank you all so much for your help! I really appreciate it!
Maastis
Mersumies
Mersumies

Re: G-Class with 201,000K miles

Viesti Kirjoittaja Maastis »

Welcome to this Finnish Mercedes forum :)

Because you write from USA I assume you are looking for petrol powered car? Or do you have dirsels also available? Can you specify more in details which model? 2005 and 25k dollars? Sound really cheap when comparing to prices here in Finland... thanx to our taxes... I like also a lot appearance of G class and would like to own one some day... I would say these cars are build to run almost forever when just maintained and repaired when needed. There is old sentense: Only two thing to stop Mercedes. Salty roads or full size cargo truck :). I think this apply well to G class.

TJ
W242 B250e
X164 V8
W123 300CD
W251 CDI 4-matic -ex
C30 AMG -03 -ex
A170 CDI -99 -ex
Vastaa Viestiin