More info wanted about OM603 and 606 Superturbo's

Mercedes-Benz conversations only
Bobivv
Uusi tuttavuus
Uusi tuttavuus

More info wanted about OM603 and 606 Superturbo's

Viesti Kirjoittaja Bobivv »

Morjens!

Let me first introduce myself. My name is Bob, I'm a 29 y.o. Dutch guy living in Finland. Always have been a big Mersu fan ever since my dad picked up his first W201 190E back in the day.
Don't have a Merc myself at this moment, but back in Holland my dad is now driving a 2005 w203 CDI (that I drive all the time when I'm there :D )
I'm sorry that I don't speak Finnish but I can understand quite a bit.

Anyway, I came here to get more info about the superturbo diesels that are driving around in Finland. I am in contact with a big international Mercedes Benz magazine and they might be interested in doing a story on these insane fast diesels.

I understood that Mynä Diesel OY is the place in Finland that builds these cars. Could anybody please tell me how to get into contact with them? Perhaps there's somebody here who has a car built by Mynä and would like to share it with the rest of the world?

See you later!

Bob
Pakardinen
Mersumies
Mersumies

Re: More info wanted about OM603 and 606 Superturbo's

Viesti Kirjoittaja Pakardinen »

Bobivv kirjoitti:I understood that Mynä Diesel OY is the place in Finland that builds these cars. Could anybody please tell me how to get into contact with them? Perhaps there's somebody here who has a car built by Mynä and would like to share it with the rest of the world?
Hi Bob and welcome.

No. Mynä Diesel does not build these cars, they only modify diesel supply pumps by changing bigger elements to the pumps and optimize the operation of pumps.

Everything else, superchargers, intercoolers, gearboxes etc. etc. are made by the owners of these cars.

And there's so many individuals on this forum who have so much more information about these vehicles that I think I'm going to be :shh: ... :)
Savolaiset ovat kaikista komeimpia ja kaikessa ylivertaisia. Säälittävän primitiivisessä kateudessaan muut heimot yrittävät heitä pilkata.
veskola
Valvoja
Valvoja
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja veskola »

Typically owners won't like to get too much wide publicity because honestly these cars are not legal. Anyhow there is at least one car which is out of registration (means not used on public roads) and which is participating to drag racing competition. I assume the builder of this dragster should like to introduce the car to this "Mercedes Benz magazine".

In my opinion...i hate to see this kind of public presentations, because that will always cause more troubles and worries on the yearly inspections. :roll:
Lisää tietoa: www.skg.fi
Bobivv
Uusi tuttavuus
Uusi tuttavuus

Viesti Kirjoittaja Bobivv »

Thanks for the answers so far guys! I really apreciate it :)

Veskola, You might have a good point there. I'm not familiar with how they handle modified cars at the yearly inspection but I can imagine it's not 100% legal what's going on under the hood.
I do see a couple of cars on nettiauti right now with these "superturbo" setups so perhaps I could contact those people, it could also be a good chance for them to sell they're cars when they get more publicity ofcourse.

Perhaps it is best to focus on these cars that are taken of the road. Do you know who is the owner of this dragster?
veskola
Valvoja
Valvoja
Viesti:

Obviously i know him, but unfortunately it's not fair to share personal information on the internet. Maybe you should contact by private message through this forum. Username is 'esko' and topic is here:

http://www.mersuforum.net/forum/viewtop ... 35&t=63353" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Videos of YouTube channel you can find from this link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/eskoik68" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can also ask by one Finnish professional car builder if he is interest to give a kind of presentation about the real streetcars, those are amazing.
nj^
Mersumies
Mersumies

Viesti Kirjoittaja nj^ »

How about that w123 drifter :ugeek:
W211

Vanhat:
W124 300DT -92, W201 2.5DT -89/90, W123 280 -84
veskola
Valvoja
Valvoja
Viesti:

Yes, thats really great, please contact the team behind drifter.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlackSmokeTube" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vastaa Viestiin