Bulding a om603 tips

Mercedes-Benz conversations only
Tito
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Re: Bulding a om603 tips

Viesti Kirjoittaja Tito »

The banjo bolt check valve is something like this: http://www.ultimategarage.com/shop/part ... ts_id=3668" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its on the backside of the pump. The return fuel line connects to it.

I tought it would be weird to set a pump past tdc. But it make sense now. The markings on the governor is not actually tdc and i probally got confused with the "dripping method" (thats when you take out the delivery valve an look at the cut-off point of the plunger)

Thanks siekkinen for your fast response!
Siekkinen
Mersumies
Mersumies

Viesti Kirjoittaja Siekkinen »

Tito kirjoitti:I tought it would be weird to set a pump past tdc. But it make sense now.
Real timing is before tdc of course but timing mark inside the pump must be after tdc. Timing mark doesnt tell real timing its there only for help :D i hope that your engine still works after all that :lol:
W211 4.0 CDI / om628
W124 3.0 TurboD / om606, Herlevin 8mm, schwitzer s3b, 722.3 by Siekkinen yms.
W202 2.5 TurboD / om605
W201 2.6E / m103
Tito
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Yeah, i hope so to.

Just talked to a mercedes mechanic (a internet friend of my) he said the rod's don't bend that easily. They can take quite a beat. He only saw it once, where a leaky injector caused a bend rod. Story seems a bit weird cause there's not enough fuel in one stroke to fill up partly the pre-chamber and cause a very high compression. Could be that the leaky injector ignited to soon and bend a rod.... I'll ask him just cause i'm curious :P
Siekkinen
Mersumies
Mersumies

Tito kirjoitti:Yeah, i hope so to.

Just talked to a mercedes mechanic (a internet friend of my) he said the rod's don't bend that easily. They can take quite a beat. He only saw it once, where a leaky injector caused a bend rod. Story seems a bit weird cause there's not enough fuel in one stroke to fill up partly the pre-chamber and cause a very high compression. Could be that the leaky injector ignited to soon and bend a rod.... I'll ask him just cause i'm curious :P
That is the reason why rods bend. I mean too soon injection and ignition. I dont know could turboengine rods bend that easily but naturally aspirated rods can. I have heard that leaky injectors have made holes to cdi engine pistons. But you have to find out is there anything broken before i make too much theories :D
W211 4.0 CDI / om628
W202 2.5 TurboD / om605
W201 2.6E / m103
Tito
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Runs like a dream again 8)

No smoke untill i rev it up ;) i think no rods have bend. Because i'll probally notice when they are just slightly bend. I mean white smoke and misfires
Siekkinen
Mersumies
Mersumies

Tito kirjoitti:Runs like a dream again 8)

No smoke untill i rev it up ;) i think no rods have bend. Because i'll probally notice when they are just slightly bend. I mean white smoke and misfires
Good luck. Its little easier to turn injection pump bit away from engine that change rods :D
W211 4.0 CDI / om628
W202 2.5 TurboD / om605
W201 2.6E / m103
Tito
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

That's true ;) but i'll be fitting a turbo engine if the rods bend

I can get a k29 turbo for not much money. Is it a better option compared to the hx40? I dont know anything about those turbo's.

Also i'm moving from to another place to fit my car lift. I realized this is far to expensive and i'm moving to a 300 square meter building instead of 45 square meter place with barely fits my mercedes on a car lift.
Siekkinen
Mersumies
Mersumies

Tito kirjoitti:That's true ;) but i'll be fitting a turbo engine if the rods bend

I can get a k29 turbo for not much money. Is it a better option compared to the hx40? I dont know anything about those turbo's.

Also i'm moving from to another place to fit my car lift. I realized this is far to expensive and i'm moving to a 300 square meter building instead of 45 square meter place with barely fits my mercedes on a car lift.
k29 is fine but little old technology. I give my voice for holset. hx40 more than 350hp and hx35 more than 250hp. Garret with ball bearings is good too. It spools very fast. If you have chance to buy holset hx40 super, buy it. Its good for almost everything :D

I wont ever take power from naturally aspirated engine because they cant ever handle much power. Turboengine has better rods, pistons, bearings and it has smaller oil pump gear so oil pressure is bigger. If you want to get piece of mind, buy om603 or om606 turboengine :D
W211 4.0 CDI / om628
W202 2.5 TurboD / om605
W201 2.6E / m103
Tito
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Yeah hx40 super was my first choice too. But I somehow came across the k29.

The engine will be a turbo om603 eventually. The problem is it's kinda expensive here and I want to know if i can get the car to run good.

By the way.... Are heads and everything the same? I belive so... That means i can probally search for a engine with no head or fuelpump and stuff. That also means a fresh engine with new headgasket, valveseals and so on :thumbup:
Siekkinen
Mersumies
Mersumies

Tito kirjoitti:Yeah hx40 super was my first choice too. But I somehow came across the k29.

The engine will be a turbo om603 eventually. The problem is it's kinda expensive here and I want to know if i can get the car to run good.

By the way.... Are heads and everything the same? I belive so... That means i can probally search for a engine with no head or fuelpump and stuff. That also means a fresh engine with new headgasket, valveseals and so on :thumbup:
Here in finland om603 turbo costs usually about 800 euros :D I could sell mine for 600 euros but shipping may be problem. Head is same but injectors and pre-chambers arent. Turboengine has 1mm bigger pre-chamber and injectors opening pressure is higher. But difference between those two things is so small that it really doesnt matter. I just cant imagine why 1mm difference on prechamber matters :D bigger opening pressure of injector means faster injection so that can make some difference on dynoresult but nothing big though.
W211 4.0 CDI / om628
W202 2.5 TurboD / om605
W201 2.6E / m103
Tito
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

I can actually upgrade my injectors to a higher opening pressure. My boss can help me with that. He has some stuff and an box full of shims (? Those "whashers" with different thickness) to adjust opening pressure. But for now they wil probally work fine... Got some more future plans. First finish the car.
Siekkinen
Mersumies
Mersumies

Tito kirjoitti:I can actually upgrade my injectors to a higher opening pressure. My boss can help me with that. He has some stuff and an box full of shims (? Those "whashers" with different thickness) to adjust opening pressure. But for now they wil probally work fine... Got some more future plans. First finish the car.
Shim is right word :D I have done that too and really small difference in shims thickness makes really big difference in opening pressure. 135bar is turboengines opening pressure and if I remember right its 105 bar in n/a engine.
W211 4.0 CDI / om628
W202 2.5 TurboD / om605
W201 2.6E / m103
Tito
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Wow... That's quite a big difference... If i buy a engine with no heads and stuff i'll upgrade them to.

By the way, i've bought the kkk k29 turbo. It was just 150 euro's and i saw dieselmeken using it on a merc. Spools up nice. If it doesn't work out i'll get rid of it and search for a better turbo. Like hx40 super :thumbup:

Dieselmeken is a hero btw. Nice guy to. And he shares a lot of his knowledge. Not like myna.
Siekkinen
Mersumies
Mersumies

Tito kirjoitti:Dieselmeken is a hero btw. Nice guy to. And he shares a lot of his knowledge. Not like myna.
I know that. He shares his knowledge but not his elements :lol: I tried to buy set of elements from him but he didnt sell them. But still I understand him because he have used lot of time making good elements.

k29 is good turbo but I think that holset is even better :D almost everyone in finland use holsets and some people use garrets. Holset has very good price/quality ratio. Garret is little more expensive but it has ball bearings so it spools up faster.
W211 4.0 CDI / om628
W202 2.5 TurboD / om605
W201 2.6E / m103
Vastaa Viestiin