OM603 stock pump power

Mercedes-Benz conversations only
ducos
Uusi tuttavuus
Uusi tuttavuus

OM603 stock pump power

Viesti Kirjoittaja ducos »

Hello! Greetings from Norway!

I want to tweak my stock pump to the max before i buy a new one.

I have done the max fuel screw max and thats all........

Is there any more adjustments i can do ? and how much is "max" ? :)
veskola
Valvoja
Valvoja
Viesti:

Re: OM603 stock pump power

Viesti Kirjoittaja veskola »

It's not enough...take a look at this picture:

http://www.nic.fi/~danes/w638_2/jutut/pic/p0091.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maximum injection amount is adjusted by opening the bottom left screw, i assume this is what you have already done. If nothing else is done you will lose the normal idle rpm and engine will overrun on idle. There is need to adjust idle, as many rounds as you adjust injection from bottom left, you should screw out (open) the top right screw (in the picture: Finnish. "Tyhjäkäynnin säätö...". Anyhow there is limit how much you can adjust maximum injection, most probably it's something like 2,5 rounds. If too much is adjusted you lose the idle again, pedal to metal once and engine won't return to normal idle rpm.

Next you can adjust the maximum rpm, which allows you to run to higher rpms without cutting the injection amount. It's done by screwing IN the big center hexacon or torx screw. One round could be something about 250...300 rpm but it depends a bit of the manufacturing year.

Lykke til !
Lisää tietoa: www.skg.fi
ducos
Uusi tuttavuus
Uusi tuttavuus

Viesti Kirjoittaja ducos »

Thank you! I have adjusted the idle screw. I think my pump is turnes 2.6-2.7 as it will almoast not return to idle :-) have of course adjusted the low idle screw. Will try max rpm next!
Forced_Induction
Vakiokalustoa
Vakiokalustoa
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Forced_Induction »

There is a more detailed guide here: http://mercedesforum.com/forum/diesel-p ... all-46097/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1982 300D
Maxed MW-Pump, Holset HE221W, straight pipe exhaust, A/W intercooler, W/M injection
W115 300D intake manifold, 2-Micron Baldwin BF7591-D fuel filter, W126 Gen-II front brakes
Webasto TSL-17 auxiliary hear, Battery relocated to the trunk, Factory skidplate, 15mm rear sway-bar
147HP, 220lb-ft at the rear wheels

2006 Honda Rebel Turbo Diesel
Kubota OC95, VZ21 turbocharger, Intercooler, Comet 40C/44D CVT
Vastaa Viestiin