Prechambers on OM60X

Mercedes-Benz conversations only
KonniBmaster
Uusi tuttavuus
Uusi tuttavuus

Prechambers on OM60X

Viesti Kirjoittaja KonniBmaster »

Hello to all,

I´m just on with rebuilding my OM603A. It was already running with a 7mm pump and HX40 as a daily Driver for several years. So now normal things are to do, like a new head gasket, new Pistons rings, honing cylinders, changing to Manual tranny and so on. In this way, I consider about to drill the prechamber holes a bit wider, except of the bottom one spraying direct onto the Piston. Is there anybody with experience in that? Are there any noticeable benefits? I can´t find some really clear Statement on that. I´m going to build another pump with 7,5 or 8mm elements. Max. Power Output was appr. 350 HP and I will try to reach 400 HP in the next step.

Many many greetings from Germany!

Yours Konstantin
Forced_Induction
Vakiokalustoa
Vakiokalustoa
Viesti:

Re: Prechambers on OM60X

Viesti Kirjoittaja Forced_Induction »

You want air in the combustion chamber where it will make power to push on the piston, not in the prechamber will it will push against the chamber wall.
1982 300D
Maxed MW-Pump, Holset HE221W, straight pipe exhaust, A/W intercooler, W/M injection
W115 300D intake manifold, 2-Micron Baldwin BF7591-D fuel filter, W126 Gen-II front brakes
Webasto TSL-17 auxiliary hear, Battery relocated to the trunk, Factory skidplate, 15mm rear sway-bar
147HP, 220lb-ft at the rear wheels

2006 Honda Rebel Turbo Diesel
Kubota OC95, VZ21 turbocharger, Intercooler, Comet 40C/44D CVT
Vastaa Viestiin