Supercharging an OM602.911

Mercedes-Benz conversations only
eric78
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Supercharging an OM602.911

Viesti Kirjoittaja eric78 »

Hi

I'm from Australia, I have a 1987 190d 2.5 naturally aspirated & with automatic transmission(Turbos were unavailbe on this model in Australia & automatic is the only gearbox choice), I have an IHI Lysholm type supercharger(from a Eunos 800 Miller Cycle) & I intend to use this on my engine, it makes one Bar(14.7psi) of pressure with its current pulley so the boost is about the same as a standard turbo 190d, I'll keep the standard inlet manifold & make a plenum for it in stainless steel & mount supercharger under it.

I just need to know what else would need to be done, anything have to be changed in the fuel pump(well I know something does, boost does nothing without extra fuel) or transmission?
Petri K
Turbospesialisti
Turbospesialisti

Viesti Kirjoittaja Petri K »

Hello down there! What about a size of the charger (cfm or lb/min) The volume of air is more inportant than pressure.

If you got standart element 5.5 in your IP it will not boost more than 150 hp when set to max
"Jokainen tekee virheitä mutta minä tiedän niistä eniten"
eric78
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Viesti Kirjoittaja eric78 »

I haven't been able to find out what cfm the supercharger can supply yet, I think it might be 620, 150hp would be plenty, even 130hp would probably be enough, I only really want it to make around te same power as the standard turbo version would but be a torqueyer & the supercharger will supply boost in the whole rev range.
Vastaa Viestiin