Questions about 3.0TD (OM603A engine)

Mercedes-Benz conversations only
dieselmb300
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Questions about 3.0TD (OM603A engine)

Viesti Kirjoittaja dieselmb300 »

Hello!
I want to change engine in my w124 form 3.0D to 3.0TD, so i have some questions... Does 3.0TD engine have oil cooler? Can i add intercooler in front of engine radiator? What are differneces in 3.0TD engine from 3.0D (in electrical system)? i need something add or change in electrical system if i want to change engine?
and if you know, you could give me address from where i can get electrical engine wiring scheme for 3.0TD and 3.0D engines.
canonballman
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Viesti Kirjoittaja canonballman »

Om603 has an oil cooler, yes. The cooler is in front of the leftfront-wheel, behind the bumper.
Intercooler in front of the water cooler is possible, but you have to make some modifications I guess (you always have with IC's I guess...)

Electrics: Turbo engine has a tiny bit more, when it comes to ALDA, and some protection (overboost-something)

Just built in a 603T in my w201, and I am driving without these electronics. Car runs fine....

Fitting a turbo engine in your w124nonturbo wouldnt be too hard, but it would be nice to have a complete donor car (damaged for instance).
dieselmb300
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

canonballman kirjoitti:Om603 has an oil cooler, yes. The cooler is in front of the leftfront-wheel, behind the bumper.
Intercooler in front of the water cooler is possible, but you have to make some modifications I guess (you always have with IC's I guess...)

Electrics: Turbo engine has a tiny bit more, when it comes to ALDA, and some protection (overboost-something)

Just built in a 603T in my w201, and I am driving without these electronics. Car runs fine....

Fitting a turbo engine in your w124nonturbo wouldnt be too hard, but it would be nice to have a complete donor car (damaged for instance).
sorry for stupid question, but what is ALDA? it is safe for engne if theturbo negine is running without overboost protection system? and glow plug control block could fit from non turbo diesel engine?
canonballman
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Viesti Kirjoittaja canonballman »

ALDA is a system which prevents (a lot of) black exhaust smoke if the driver would floor the gaspedal, without enough turboboost.
So without Alda, you can floor it, and have the first second some black smoke, or you can gently push the pedal halfway, and then floor it, and no smoke.

Short: ALDA prevents injection of to much diesel, when turboboost is not high enough yet.

There are more people who drive without ALDA, same as I, and dont have problems.

Glow plug relay: I think the same. Cant be THAT different....
dieselmb300
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

ok, thank you for helping! :)
now i need to find a om603a engine....
Vastaa Viestiin