Delivery valves

Mercedes-Benz conversations only
Forced_Induction
Vakiokalustoa
Vakiokalustoa
Viesti:

Delivery valves

Viesti Kirjoittaja Forced_Induction »

Do any of the Finns mess with them? I know they are several different types that the Cummins crowd uses and they can make a big HP change.
1982 300D
Maxed MW-Pump, Holset HE221W, straight pipe exhaust, A/W intercooler, W/M injection
W115 300D intake manifold, 2-Micron Baldwin BF7591-D fuel filter, W126 Gen-II front brakes
Webasto TSL-17 auxiliary hear, Battery relocated to the trunk, Factory skidplate, 15mm rear sway-bar
147HP, 220lb-ft at the rear wheels

2006 Honda Rebel Turbo Diesel
Kubota OC95, VZ21 turbocharger, Intercooler, Comet 40C/44D CVT
XUX63
Mersumies
Mersumies

Viesti Kirjoittaja XUX63 »

What I have discussed there is some guys, which have put the bigger delivery valves and it has been a good solution specially with the bored cylinder head and special cam profile. Haven't done it to my own OM603 yet.
Pirkka-Tesla eli Opel Ampera -12 sähkölelu.
MB 313 CDI Kasten -00.
W126 300SD -84 talviunilla.
Lavetti (S124-OM603-ST) Yhteishuoltajuudessa.

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?”
Forced_Induction
Vakiokalustoa
Vakiokalustoa
Viesti:

What several of us 617 guys (me included) are going to try is removing the collar entirely since it is already very thin as-is.
1982 300D
Maxed MW-Pump, Holset HE221W, straight pipe exhaust, A/W intercooler, W/M injection
W115 300D intake manifold, 2-Micron Baldwin BF7591-D fuel filter, W126 Gen-II front brakes
Webasto TSL-17 auxiliary hear, Battery relocated to the trunk, Factory skidplate, 15mm rear sway-bar

Forced_Induction
Vakiokalustoa
Vakiokalustoa
Viesti:

Well, we tried it and the idle went to crap and EGTs went through the roof but there was a huge jump in power.

The idle would have torn up the mounts in no time and it was terrible as a daily driver so I went back to the stock delivery valves.
1982 300D

Alastair
Sisäänajossa
Sisäänajossa

Viesti Kirjoittaja Alastair »

Forced_Induction kirjoitti:Well, we tried it and the idle went to crap and EGTs went through the roof but there was a huge jump in power.

The idle would have torn up the mounts in no time and it was terrible as a daily driver so I went back to the stock delivery valves.
Very interesting....

I think I can explain Why you found an increase in power, the idle went crap and EGT high--Plus (I'm guessing) Smoky exhaust....

The stock del. valve is designed to allow a specific residual pressure in the line, controlled by the collar and its movement back into the valve, thus extracting a specific volume of fuel from the line.....

We'll say the residual pressure on a good, stock valve is 50 bar--It Probably Isnt though, but we'll say it is....

If you grind off the collar, What happens...? There is no retraction action by the collar-it no longer exists- So--The valve snaps shut leaving near full pressure in the line...

The Injector is still open at this point, the instant the 'spill-port' opens in the elements so the last amount of fuel 'dribbles' in over a unspecified period of time....

This causes smoke, uneven idling etc.

The reason for extra power is the fact that the lines are at a much higher 'between pumps' residual-pressure, controlled by the final closing of the injector....

So--What we would like to find are Del.Valves whose collar is Closer to the tapered seal surface, this will allow a higher residual pressure and a greater overall delivery Quantity Should equal more power, but without the problems you have found..... :)
Vastaa Viestiin